Saturday, August 18, 2012

Back to School Read-A-Thon Update



I am working very hard to work on my first read-a-thon hosted by Katie's Book Blog (from August 16-20). I am having a great time doing it so far but I am constantly frustrated how life gets in the way :/

Well here's my progress:

Day 1
Had to go to my school and help my fellow co-worker to take down the bulletin board and move heavy furniture in our classroom. Time to get the class ready for back to school. Then I went to belly dance practice and worked on a old choreography and tried to refresh it for a restaurant performance in September.
Books: Picked up Moloka'i by Alan Brennert again that I only read 10 pages to on Tuesday.
Pages read: (not including the first 10 pages already read)  195
Total pages: 195

Day 2
Mom's birthday. Had to get my siblings off their butts and start cleaning the whole house while mom was at work. Took mom out for sushi for lunch. Baked a chocolate cake while mom went back to work, and surprised her with the cake and song when she got back :)
Books: Finished reading Moloka'i!!! Started listening to Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas.
Pages Read: 184
Audio hours: 3 hours and 35 minutes
Total pages: 379
Total audio hours: 3 hrs and 35 mins

Day 3
Another busy day with belly dance practice. Did have time to lie down and listen to my audiobook and start a new book. I'll be gone late at night to meet up with my Marine who's down from base.
Books: Finished Smooth Talking Stranger! Started reading A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bay
Audio hours: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Pages read: 105
Total audio hours: 10 hours and 23 minutes
Total pages read: 484

Day 4
Was out most of the day with my Marine but got some reading done.
Books: A Great and Terrible Beauty
Pages read: 190
Total pages read: 674
Total audio hours: 10 hours and 23 minutes

Day 5
Had an eye doctor's appointment in the morning but was able to finish reading a book in the waiting room. Went to work for a few hours. Got home pretty early and hoped to get some reading done but unexpected family came over. Did not reach all of my goals :(
Books: Finished A Great and Terrible Beauty and started Finding Nouf by Zoe Ferraris.
Pages read: 219
Total pages read: 893
Total audio hours: 10 hours and 23 minutes
Click here to view my goal.

2 comments:

  1. It's tough when you're ready to go on a readathon and life gets in the way! I'm having the same problem right now. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete