Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0: Day 3 Challenge + Update



For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.


There was only one challenge today:


 

Introduce Someone to Your Favorite Genre
Hosted by Doing Dewey
 


For this challenge, pick a book or a few books that you think would make a great introduction to your genre of choice.

Hmmm...what is my favorite genre? I am a very eclectic reader and I read whatever my mood is or whatever I get my hands on. I do however read the majority fiction versus non-fiction. Here are my top favorite books:

1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


2. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux


3. Lamb, the Gospel According to Biff by Christopher Moore


4. Harry Potter Series


5. Moloka'i by Alan Brennert


6. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See

 
7. The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice





As you can see from my favorites, my genres are all over the place thus I'll simply stick to fiction.




Updates:

Monday
Number of pages I've read today: 183
Number of minutes listened to today: 203
Books Finished: 0 (pretty closed to finishing Dragon Fire)

Tuesday
Number of pages I've read today: 68
Number of minutes listened to today: 56
Books Finished: 1 (Dragon Fire by Dina von Lowenkraft)


How are you doing?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing a book!! I am almost finished with my first one. I really want to read Anne Rice's series, I watched the movie several times and loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love the movie then I definitely would try the books. Anne Rice could be a little too rich for people, so don't expect light reads.

      Delete