Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays #110


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by A Daily Rhythm.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teasers:




https://sffbookreview.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/raven-boys.jpegWhat they all agreed on, in many different clairvoyant languages was this:
If Blue was to kiss her true love, he would die.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

This book has been in my TBR wishlist for a while. So glad that this was a book pick for the 2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge. I'm all excited about this one!




http://covers.audiobooks.com/images/covers/full/9780307990402.jpgWe weren’t ourselves when we fell in love, and when we became ourselves – surprise! – we were poison. We complete each other in the nastiest, ugliest possible way.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Okay, I've heard so much about this book and I refuse to watch the movie until I finish this book. I hope all the hype does not let me down. 



What is your teaser?

10 comments:

  1. I'm planning on reading The Raven Boys sometime this week! Can't wait for your review on it once you finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my both of these teasers are sad. The first one is just wrong- kissing her true love kills him. Yikes! The second one could hold true for mean people.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize that I picked sad teasers.

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy reading both books. Both seem to be hugely popular, but I haven't read either one of them. Like you, I like like to read the book before seeing the movie...

    I've read both The Giver and The Fault In Our Stars, but haven't seen the movie versions yet, mainly because I don't want to be disappointed with the movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read The Fault in Our Stars yet but I did read The Giver. The latter is an old favorite of mine and I have no desire to watch the movie. The movie seems to deviate from the book tremendously so I'm going to spare myself the disappointment.

      Delete
  4. Both of those are on my TBR list too. Thanks for sharing those teasers. Makes them all the more intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been meaning to read The Raven Boys. Thanks for the tease.

    ReplyDelete