Thursday, December 24, 2015

'Twas the Chihuahua Before Christmas by Esri Allbritten

Chihuahuas!!!! I love Chihuahuas!!! LOL!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7010/6462016903_132b53e42b.jpg

Charlotte Baskerville, designer of small dog clothing, is asked if her Russian dog trainer will play Santa at the last minute. As she struggles to get him ready, an elf costume and other Chihuahua couture disappear from her workshop. This is a stand-alone story that features characters from the full-length mystery, 'Chihuahua of the Baskervilles,' published by St. Martin's Press.


B&N 




My Thoughts: Okay, I couldn't help it. I had to read this novella because of the Chihuahua! I pretty much squealed! Is it ridiculous? Yes, but I do own two Chihuahuas so I had to read a Christmas short based on one. This was not the most heartwarming holiday story, but it was still a very enjoyable read.

This novella could be read alone but it is part of a book, which I must read now. The plot was simple yet the characters were promising. I liked how the main character was an elderly lady with spunk who absolutely loved to dress her Chihuahua, Lilia, in girly dresses (something I never do to my dogs). I also liked how odd yet funny it was that Charlotte's roommate was a big, ex-circus performer, Russian who used to train wolves but now trains her Chihuahua. These two act like a strange, non-romantic couple yet I loved reading their relationship. I definitely would like to read some more on these characters.

If you want a quick Christmas read that involves dogs, then you should read this one. Don't expect a Christmas miracle type of story or a gushy one, but it was still cute. In the end, I found myself having a little fun with it. I rate it: 

No comments:

Post a Comment