Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Library Love: Shadow House, You Can't Hide by Dan Poblocki

http://images.gr-assets.com/books/1476361281l/30985898.jpg

Shadow House will find you . . .

Poppy, Marcus, Dash, Dylan, and Azumi are all trapped within Shadow House, a sinister estate where past and present intertwine. As they fight to find a way out, the kids think the ghosts of the house are the greatest danger they face. Little do the kids know it's the secrets they're each hiding that will prove even more lethal.

They're going to have to come face to face with their fears if they stand any hope of escaping the house alive. Is there anyone or anything in the house they can trust? Or is all hope disappearing, too...

Enter Shadow House . . . if you dare.





My Thoughts:  After reading the first book in the series, I simply had to read the second one. For a children's book, book one spooked me. It was creepy and scary. It even had me wondering how this could have been a children's book (though nothing in the mature nature happened). If I would have read this when I was a child, I think I would have had nightmares for a while. So of course, I was dying to read this second book.

Like the first book, You Can't Hide keeps its creepy vibe. The story picked up right where it left off from The Gathering. The children were running for their lives trying to escape from the house and from the Specials. Twists happened that had me questioning what was happening in the story. And of course, I was not expecting the turn of events for one character. 

Though it had its good parts, I did find myself not concentrating on this book as much. I was not as scared as I was with the first book and I wanted to rush through the story as quickly as possible. I'm not sure exactly why I felt this way because the elements from the first book were in this one as well. Maybe I became numb of the same things occurring? Or maybe I read it only during the day time versus how I read book one during the night time?

All in all, it was still a good book. It is scary and unique (it comes with an app!). The way the book is visually present adds more to the plot. Even though I was not as enamored with this second book, I still enjoy this series. I rate it:






This book counts for the Library Love Challenge. 

2017 Library Love Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment